Maxxis Cold Weather Tire Storage
For Cold Weather Storage (short-term or extended):
When the Maxxis competition tires are exposed to temperatures below 32ºF (0ºC), the unique racing rubber compounds used in these tires will lose their flexibility. This loss in flexibility can lead to potential cracking and other damage to the tire.
TO MINIMIZE THE CHANCES OF THIS HAPPENING, CONSUMERS AND INSTALLERS ARE ADVISED TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Do not move or operate the car with these tires mounted on the vehicle if conditions are below 32ºF (0ºC). ALWAYS INSPECT FOR SIGNS OF CRACKING! NEVER USE TIRES THAT HAVE CRACKED!
2. Always store these tires indoors and at temperatures above 32ºF (0ºC).
4. Avoid transporting and handling these tires in conditions below 32°F (0°C).
5. Do not mount or dismount these tires when the surrounding work area temperature is under 50ºF (10ºC). ALWAYS INSPECT FOR SIGNS OF CRACKING! NEVER USE TIRES THAT HAVE CRACKED!
6. Before mounting or dismounting, store these tires indoors for at least 24 hours in a temperature-controlled area of 68ºF (20ºC) or warmer. ALWAYS INSPECT FOR SIGNS OF CRACKING! NEVER USE TIRES THAT HAVE CRACKED!
7. Remove these tires from the vehicle and deflate to half the normal air pressure during prolonged periods of non-use or storage.